IntroductionDeep learning has demonstrated its capability for many vision problems, such as face detection and recognition, image classification, etc. It is expected that this technique can benefit the area of medical image analysis, as well as imaging-based translational medicine. Though a few pioneering works can be found in the literature, there are still a lot of unresolved issues when applying deep learning for medical images.
Scope and TopicsTopics include, but are not limited to:
- Image descriptor and feature extraction
- Image super-resolution
- Image reconstruction
- Image registration
- Image segmentation and labeling
- Computer-assisted lesion detection
- Computer-assisted diagnosis
- Deep learning model selection
- Meta-heuristic techniques for fine-tuning parameter in deep learning-based archi-tectures
- Other related translational medical applications.
- Only papers prepared in PDF format will be ac-cepted.
- Paper Length: Up to 8 pages, including figures, tables and references. At maximum, two add-tional pages are permitted with over-length page charge of US$100/page, to be paid during author registration.
- Paper Formatting: double column, single spaced, #10 point Times Roman font.
- Margins: Left, Right, and Bottom: 0.75" (19mm). The top margin must be 0.75" (19 mm), except for the title page where it must be 1" (25 mm).
- Paper Submission DDL 15 Jan 2016
- Paper Acceptance Notification 15 Mar 2016
- Final Paper Submission DDL 15 Apr 2016
- IEEE WCCI 2016 25-29 Jul 2016
- Qian Wang, Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.
- Jun Shi, Shanghai Univ.
- Shihui Ying, Shanghai Univ.
- Manhua Liu , Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.
- Yonghong Shi, Fudan Univ.