This CIB special session is sponsored by the IEEE Technical Committee on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering (IEEE BBTC). Further details on the CIB session can be found at:
We cordially invite you to submit research articles in this special session.
We also encourage you to distribute this "call-for-papers" to your
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis and visualization of large biological data sets
- Biological and medical ontologies
- Biomedical data modelling and mining
- Biomedical model parameterization
- Brain computer interface
- Computational proteomics
- Ecoinformatics and applications to ecological data analysis
- Emergent properties in complex biological systems
- Gene expression array analysis
- Gene finding
- Genetic networks
- High-throughput data analysis
- Immuno- and chemo-informatics
- In-silico optimization of biological systems
- Medical image analysis
- Medical imaging and pattern recognition
- Medicine and health informatics
- Metabolic pathway analysis
- Microarray design or oligonucleotide selection
- Modelling, simulation and optimization of biological systems
- Molecular docking and drug design
- Molecular evolution and phylogenetics
- Molecular sequence alignment and analysis
- Motif and signal detection
- Robustness and evolvability of biological networks
- Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis
- Structure prediction and folding
- Systems and synthetic biology and
- Treatment optimization.
WCCI 2014The 2014 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (IEEE WCCI 2014) is the largest technical event in the field of computational intelligence. It will host three conferences: the 2014 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2014), the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2014), and the 2014 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE CEC 2014).
IEEE WCCI 2014 will be held in Beijing, the capital of the People's Republic of China. Beijing is the nation's political, economic, and cultural center as well as China's most important center for international trade and communications. The congress will provide a stimulating forum for scientists, engineers, educators, and students from all over the world to discuss and present their research findings on computational intelligence. Please visit WCCI 2014 at http://www.ieee-wcci2014.org/
Important datesPaper submission deadline: December 20, 2013
Paper acceptance notification date: March 15, 2014
Final paper submission deadline: April 15, 2014
Early registration Deadline: April 15, 2014
Conference Dates: July 6-11, 2014
Paper SubmissionPaper Submission: Electronic web submission in PDF format at the WCCI 2014 website: http://www.ieee-wcci2014.org/
Authors can select the conference through which they will like their paper(s) to be reviewed and published (if accepted). When an author submits a paper for a given track of the CIB special session, s/he should:
- select the conference associated with the given CIB track, and then
- tag the paper using the CIB name (available from the paper topic roll-down menu) as the first topic. The same paper can only appear in one conference proceeding and it will be available from IEEEXplore (from that proceeding).
Accepted papers will be integrated and presented in a coherent manner in one multi-disciplinary track at WCCI 2014. Each paper will be published in the proceedings of the conference that was selected for submission. The same paper will not appear in three conference proceedings, even if though the CIB session may span three conferences.
We look forward to seeing you in Beijing, China!
With Best Regards,