Organizers:Syoji Kobashi, University of Hyogo kobashi [ATMARK] eng.u-hyogo.ac.jp
Md. Atiqur Rahman Ahad, University of Dhaka atiqahad [ATMARK] univdhaka.edu
Aim:The purpose of this special session is to disseminate and discuss recent and significant research issues on how Fuzzy systems can be used to solve challenging problems related to medical, biomedical, and healthcare fields. It is held under the IEEE CIS Task Force of “Fuzzy Logic in Medical Sciences”.
Topics of interest:
- Fuzzy logic-based medical diagnosis control system
- Fuzzy logic-based medical applications, Soft computing for medical applications
- Fuzzy logic-based affective computing and psychological evaluations
- Fuzzy data analysis – bioinformatics, medical informatics, pattern recognition
- Fuzzy optimization and control
- Fuzzy machine learning approach to medical applications
- Fuzzy machine learning approach to biomedical applications
- Neuro-fuzzy models for biomedical signal processing
- Signal processing of MRI, fMRI, EEG, ECG, etc.
- Smart diagnostic predictions of various diseases
- Applications in image processing and pattern recognition
- Fuzzy logic vs. other soft computing approaches
- Approaches based on neuro-fuzzy, evolutionary neuro-fuzzy, neuro-genetic, genetic fuzzy, fuzzy cognitive map
- Fuzzy inference systems, Assistive robotics
- Fuzzy temporal representation of knowledge
- Future trends, Datasets, Healthcare
Important Date:Last date for submission: 20 Dec. 2013
Paper acceptance notification date: March 15, 2014
Final paper submission deadline: April 15, 2014
Early-registration deadline: April 15, 2014
Submission Instructions:Manuscripts submitted to the special session FMB should be done through the paper submission website of WCCI 2014 as regular submissions. It is the responsibility of the authors to make sure that papers submitted to the special session clearly indicate the name of the special session the paper belongs to. All papers submitted to the special session FMB will be subject to the same peer-review review procedure as the regular papers.
Please note that this Special Session is specifically & exclusively related to the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2014). When submitting their manuscripts, authors are recommended to follow these steps:
- Follow the manuscript-style information and templates of regular IEEE WCCI 2014 papers. Visit http://www.ieee-wcci2014.org/Paper%20Submission.htm
- Visit http://ieee-cis.org/conferences/fuzzieee2014/upload.php - select our Special Session from ‘Main research topic*:’ dropdown list.
- Fill out the input fields, upload the pdf file and finalize the submission by December 20, 2013.