Scope and TopicsThis special session aims to provide a forum for the presentation of recent advancements in deep learning research that directly concerns the multimedia community. For multimedia research, it is especially important to develop deep learning methods to capture the dependencies between different genres of data, building joint deep representation for diverse modalities. The list of topics includes and is not restricted to the following:
- Novel deep network architectures for multimodal data representation
- Deep learning for new multimedia applications
- Efficient training and inference methods for multimedia deep networks
- Emerging applications of deep learning in multimedia search, retrieval and management
- Deep learning for multimedia content analysis and recommendation
- Deep learning for cross-media analysis, knowledge transfer and information sharing
- Distributed computing, GPUs and new hardware for deep learning in multimedia research
- Other deep learning topics for multimedia computing, involving at least two modalities
- Paper submission deadline is on January 15, 2016.
- All papers must be submitted through the IEEE WCCI 2016 online submission system. For special session papers, please select the respective special session title “Deep Learning for Big Multimedia Understanding” under the list of research topics in the submission system.
OrganizersProf. Jinhui Tang, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, China
Dr. Zechao Li, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, China