Submission System: https://easychair.org/conferences?conf=besc2016
All accepted conference papers will be published by IEEE and included in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and EI Compendex. Top quality papers after presented in the conference will be selected for extension and publication in the special issue of international journals.
Important DatesPaper Submission Due: 01/07/2016
Author Notification Due: 15/08/2016
Camera Ready Due: 01/09/2016
Conference date: 10-13/11/2016
Conference ScopeThe 3rd International Conference on Behavioral, Economic, and Socio-Cultural Computing (BESC2016) will take place in Hilton Gardon Inn, South Point, Durham, NC, USA, 10-13 November, 2016.
BESC aims to become a premier forum in which academic researchers and industry practitioners from data mining, statistics and analytics, business and marketing, finance and politics, and behavioral, economic, social and psychological sciences could present updated research efforts and progresses on foundational and emerging interdisciplinary topics of BESC, exchange new ideas and identify future research directions.
All accepted conference papers will be published by IEEE and included in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and EI Compendex. Top quality papers after presented in the conference will be selected for extension and publication in the special issue of international journals. The conference committee invites submissions of applied or theoretical research and application-oriented papers on any below areas/tracks.
Topics of Interest
Papers are invited in the areas below, but do not exclude research in the general areas of the topic headings.
(1) Social Computing and Applications
- Social behavior
- Social network analysis and mining
- Semantic web
- Social intelligence
- Security, privacy, trust and cryptography in social contexts
- Social commerce and related applications
- Social recommendation
- Data mining
- Agent-based modeling
- Artificial/experimental markets
- Asset pricing
- Computational finance
- Financial crises
- Monetary policy
- Volatility modeling
- Evolutionary economics
- Decision Analytics
- Societal impacts of IS
- Human behavior and IS
- IS in healthcare
- IS security and privacy
- IS strategy, structure and organizational impacts
- Service science and IS
- Digital media
- Digital humanities
- Digital games and learning
- Digital footprints and privacy
- Twitter histories creation
- Crowd dynamics
- Digital arts
- Mobile technologies
- Activity streams and experience design
- Personalization for individuals, groups and populations
- Large scale personalization, adaptation and recommendation
- Web dynamics and personalization
- Privacy, perceived security and trust
Paper SubmissionsAll papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee on the basis of technical quality, relevance to BESC 2016, originality, significance and clarity. Please note:
- All submissions should use IEEE two-column style. Templates are available from http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- All papers must be submitted electronically through the paper submission system in PDF format only, BESC2016 accepts scientific papers (6 pages), short papers (2 pages) and demo papers (2 pages).
- Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings.
- Papers must be clearly presented in English and will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation.
- Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and attend the conference to present the work.
General ChairPaul Wang, Duke University, USA
Conference ChairLeon S.L. Wang, National University of Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Program Committee Co-chairsGang Li, Deakin University, Australia
Yves Demazeau, CNRS, France
Sponsorship ChairGuandong Xu, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Track ChairsSocial Computing and Applications:
Gang Li, Deakin University, Australia
Behavioral and Economic Computing:
Information Management and Systems:
Wu HE, Old Dominion University
User Modeling, Privacy, and Ethics
Yidong Li, Beijing Jiaotong University,
Industry ChairAlvin Chin, BMW Group, USA
Xin Li, iFlyTek Research, China
Publication ChairGuanfeng Liu, Suchoo University
Publicity ChairShaowu Liu, Deakin University
Jie Kong, Xi'an Shiyou University