The main aim of this special session is to bring together experts in algorithms, quantum information, quantum algorithms, physicists and hardware designers to discover new applications and features resulting from not only a cross-disciplinary information exchange but also from discussion between engineers and scientists working in the larger area of quantum information and computation.
Scope and main TopicsThis special session focus on combining various aspects of quantum computing, information theory, and other aspects with existing fields in computational intelligence. In particular the usage of classical algorithms to solve quantum problems, usage of quantum algorithms to solve classical problems and the usage of quantum algorithms for solving quantum problems are three main sought general ideas to be the center focus of this special session.
Research areas that will be discussed in this special session include (but are not limited
to) the following:
- Quantum inspired evolutionary computation, quantum inspired genetic algorithms.
- Quantum evolutionary computing related areas such as quantum neural networks and quantum fuzzy computing systems.
- Evolutionary Techniques and Quantum Computing. Including: (a) use of evolutionary paradigms to create quantum circuits, quantum algorithms, quantumarchitectures and quantum games, (b) creation of new quantum algorithms and architectures inspired by the concepts of evolution and other biological ideas,(c) use of evolutionary algorithms to solve any practical problems in designing quantum devices.
- Quantum implementation of Computational Intelligence: many machine learning and problem solving models known from Computational Intelligence such as Neural Nets, Bayesian networks, Logic Networks, Fuzzy Logic, state machines, evolvable hardware, etc., can be extended to those based on quantum circuits and automata.
- Computational Intelligence interacting with various aspects of Quantum information theory including error correction, teleportation, encryption/decryption, security, etc.
- Quantum game theory, applications of quantum games.
- Using GA, GP and other evolutionary and biological paradigms in all areas of quantum circuits, quantum information and quantum computing.
- Applications of quantum concepts in Computational Intelligence, Multimedia and Robotics.
- Quantum entanglement, and applications in communication, computing, information theory, etc.
- Quantum probability and its applications.
Important DatesPaper submission deadline: 15th January 2016
Paper acceptance notification date: 16th March 2016
Camera ready paper submission deadline: 15th April 2016
For submission details please visit: http://ieee-cis.org/conferences/cec2016/upload.php.
In the Main Research Topic specify 7bu. Quantum Computing and Evolutionary Computation.
OrganizersMartin Lukac, William Hung, Claudio Moraga
For details contact Martin Lukac at: firstname.lastname@example.org