AimThe aim of this special session is to provide a forum for exchanging recent research results in type-2 fuzzy logic control.
Type-2 fuzzy logic control is a paradigm which takes the fundamental concepts in control from type-1 fuzzy logic and expands upon them in order to deal with the high levels of uncertainty present in a vast number of real world control problems. A wide variety of traditional areas in control (that have also been addressed through type-1 fuzzy logic control) have already been addressed with type-2 fuzzy logic, from the control in steel production plants to the control of marine diesel engines and robotic control. In many engineering applications, it has been shown that type-2 fuzzy logic can provide benefits over both traditional forms of control as well as type-1 fuzzy logic and it is the aim of this special session to attract a comprehensive selection of high quality current research in this area of type-2 control, motivating further collaboration and providing a platform for the discussion on future directions of type-2 fuzzy logic control by researchers active in the field.
ScopeThis special session will address advances in interval type-2 as well as general type-2 fuzzy logic control. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Control
- General Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Control
- TSK Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Control
- Mamdani Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Control
- PID-type Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Controllers
- Model-Based Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Controllers
- Adaptive / Self-Tuning Type-2 Fuzzy Controllers
- Neuro-Fuzzy Type-2 Controllers
- Real-time control applications of Type-2 Fuzzy Controllers
DeadlineThe deadline for submissions to this special session is 08 February 2014.
Information for Authors
- Information on the format and templates for papers can be found here: http://fuzzieee2015.org/submission/
- Papers should be submitted via the FUZZ 2014 paper submission site: http://fuzzieee2015.org/submission/paper-submissions/
- Select the Special Session name “Advances to Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Control” in the Main Research topic dropdown list
- Fill out the input fields, upload the PDF file of your paper and finalize your submission by the deadline of 08 February 2014.
- Asst.Prof. Dr. Tufan KUMBASAR, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof.Hao YING, Wayne State University, Detroit, USA, email@example.com
- Asst.Prof. Dr. Engin YESIL, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, firstname.lastname@example.org