The theme proposed special session is the use of evolutionary computation for solving computer vision and image processing problems. This special session aims to bring together theories and applications of evolutionary computation to computer vision and image processing problems. Authors are invited to submit their original and unpublished work to this Special Session. Topics of interest include but are not limited to
New theories and methods in different EC paradigms to computer vision and image processing including
- Evolutionary algorithms such as Genetic algorithms, genetic programming, evolutionary strategy and evolutionary programming;
- Swarm Intelligence such as particle swarm optimisation, ant colony optimisation, and differential evolution; and
- Other approaches such as learning classifier systems, harmony search, and artificial immune systems. Cross-fertilization of evolutionary computation and other techniques such as neural networks and fuzzy systems is also encouraged.
- Edge detection in noisy images
- Image segmentation in biological images
- Automatic feature extraction, construction and selection in complex images
- Object identification and scene analysis for medical applications
- Object detection and classification in security scenarios
- Handwritten digit recognition and detection
- Vehicle plate detection
- Face detection and recognition
- Texture image analysis
- Automatic target recognition in military services
- Gesture identification and recognition
- Robot vision
- Paper Submission: 20 December 2013
- Decision Notification: 15 March 2014
- Camera-Ready Submission: 15 April 2014
You should follow the IEEE CEC/WCCI 2014 Submission Web Site. Special session papers are treated the same as regular conference papers.
Special Session Organizers:
- Mengjie Zhang
- School of Engineering and Computer Science, Victoria University of Wellington,
- PO Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Email: email@example.com
- Homepage: http://homepages.ecs.vuw.ac.nz/~mengjie/
- Vic Ciesielski
- School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT University, City Campus,
- GPO 2476V, VIC, Australia. Phone: +61-3-9925-2926; Fax: +61-3-9662-1617.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~vc/
- Mario Koeppen
- Graduate School of Creative Informatics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4, Kawazu, Iizuka,
- Fukuoka 820-8502 JAPAN. Phone: +81 948 29 7626; Fax: +81 948 29 7601.
- Email: email@example.com
- Homepage: http://science.mkoeppen.com/
The IEEE CEC/WCCI 2014 Web site can be seen from here.