Aim:Planning and scheduling is an important issue in the area of operations research and management sciences. Due to the challenges in both research and practical applications, the techniques for solving planning and scheduling problems have been attached great attention during the last decades. This special session aims to promote the research of evolutionary computation in a wide range of planning and scheduling problems and bring together state-of-the-art researches in the area.
Scope:Since most of planning and scheduling problems are combinatorial and strongly NP-hard, evolutionary approaches, such as genetic algorithms, particle swarm optimization, genetic programming, ant colony systems, cultural algorithms, evolutionary strategies, are preferable to solve the problems. The scope of the special session includes, but is not limited to the following topics:
- Strategic planning
- Production planning
- Manufacturing planning and control
- Mission capability planning
- Satellite planning and scheduling
- Portfolio planning and management
- Capability investment management
- Job shop scheduling
- Flow shop scheduling
- Project scheduling
- Timetable scheduling
- Hospital scheduling
- Call center scheduling
- transport scheduling
- Resource allocation
- Multi-objective planning and scheduling
- Planning and scheduling with uncertainty
- Scheduling with big data
- Scheduling in the Cloud
Submission guidelines:The authors intended to contribute to IEEE WCCI 2014 Special Sessions are kindly recommended to follow the manuscript style information and templates of regular IEEE WCCI 2014 papers.
Please note that each Special Session is specifically and exclusively related to one of the three conferences composing the IEEE WCCI 2014, i.e., IJCNN2014, FUZZ-IEEE2014, and IEEE CEC 2014.
When submitting their manuscripts, authors are recommended to follow these steps:
- Identify the conference associated to the Special Session they are interested in, by looking at the "Provisionally Accepted Special Session" list under the column called ID;
- Go to the related conference submission website;
- Select the Special Session name in the Main Research topic dropdown list (our Special Session name is Evolutionary Computation for Planning and Scheduling)
- Fill out the input fields, upload the pdf file and finalize the submission by December 20, 2013.
- Dr. Jian Xiong (firstname.lastname@example.org), National University of Defense Technology, China
- Associate Professor Lining Xing (email@example.com), National University of Defense Technology, China
- Professor Jing Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org), Xidian University, China.
- Dr. Wei-neng Chen (email@example.com), Sun Yat-sen University