Universidad Católica San Pablo
Arequipa, Peru (close to Machu Picchu).
November, 8-10th, 2017 [On the 6-7th, prior, we will hold two full days dedicated to the LA-School on CI]
CONFERENCE OVERVIEW (4th Edition of LA-CCI):
IEEE Latin American Conference on Computational Intelligence 2017 aims to bring together the Soft Computing
community to present the latest achievements and innovations in the multiple areas of Computational Intelligence, encourage participation by young researchers and following the LA-CCI Manifesto (http://l
a-cci.org/manifesto/) is to provide a high-level international forum for scientists, researchers, engineers, professionals and educators to disseminate their latest research results and exchange views of the future research directions in the area of Computational Intelligence.
* Evolutionary & Swarm Computation: Genetic Algorithms, Genetic Programming, Artificial Immune Systems, Swarm Intelligence, Collective Intelligence, Evolvable Hardware, Bio-inspired Methods.
* Neural & Learning Systems: Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Complex Systems, Molecular and Quantum Computing, Complex Networks.
* Fuzzy & Stochastic Modeling: Fuzzy Systems, Fuzzy Control & Decision Making, Uncertainty Analysis, Rough Sets, Fractals, Multiagent Systems, Reinforcement Learning, Game Theory.
- Pablo Estevez – Universidad de Chile (Chile) * Talk: TBA
- Giuseppe Zollo – Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II (Italy) * Talk: “The Aesthetics of Complexity: how the mind computes the beauty”
- Fernando Buarque de Lima Neto – Universidade de Pernambuco (Brazil) * Talk: “Why Metaheuristics are so useful”
- Omar Florez – Intel Labs (USA) * Talk: “From Machine Learning to Machine Understanding”
- Mike Preuss – University of Münster (Germany) * Talk: “Novel developments in CI and Games”
Papers should be no longer than 6 pages with original contributions, using the IEEE conference format, available at the event homepage along with other instructions. Papers can be submitted using the Easychair system (https://easychair.org/confere
PUBLICATION (And Special Issues):
-Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE LA-CCI 2016 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®
-Top papers of IEEE LA-CCI 2017 will be published as extended versions in important journals related with CI (Including IEEE Latin America Transactions)
-Submission of full papers (23:59, GMT -5) – May 14th, 2017 [also Theses Contest Deadline]
-Notification of acceptance and Theses Contest Notification – July 23rd, 2017.
-Final (camera ready) paper due – by August 27th, 2017.
-Author registration – by August 27th, 2017.
-Early registration – August 1st, 2017.
-Regular registration – September 10th, 2017 and onwards.
-Conference Meeting – November 8-10th, 2017.
POST GRADUATE THESIS CONTEST
Students graded between January 1st 2016 and June 30th 2017 can send your summaries (2500 words) to Ph.D. Diego Peluffo at firstname.lastname@example.org
LA-CCI SCHOOL on COMPUTATIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Arequipa, a pleasant colonial and touristic Peruvian city (18.C in November), is located 1,000 kilometers southeast of Peru’s capital, Lima.
The town is next to three volcanoes and close to the world heritage of Machu Picchu.
-General Chair LA-CCI 2017
Yván Jesús Túpac Valdivia, Universidad Católica San Pablo – Peru
Efren Gorrostieta, Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro – Mexico
Fernando Buarque de Lima Neto, Universidade de Pernambuco – Brazil
Miguel Núñez del Prado, Universidad del Pacífico – Peru
Nadia Nedjah, Universidade Estadual do Rio de Janeiro – Brazil
Carmelo Bastos Filho, Universidade de Pernambuco – Brazil
-Finance Chair and Treasurer
Yessenia Deisy Yari Ramos, Universidad Católica San Pablo – Peru
-Publicity and Public Relations Chairs
ARGENTINA: Cristian Rodriguez Rivero – Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
BOLIVIA: René V. Reynaga – Universidad La Salle
BRAZIL: Hugo Valadares – Federal Technological University of Paraná
COLOMBIA: Álvaro Orjuela – Universidad Antono Nariño
CHILE: Gloria Millaray Curilem Saldías - Universidad de La Frontera
ECUADOR: Diego Hernán Peluffo-Ordóñez– Universidad Técnica del Norte
PERU: Ernesto Cuadros Vargas, Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología
MEXICO: Alma Alanis – University of Guadalajara
VENEZUELA: Niriaska del Carmen Perozo – Universidad Centroccidental “Lisandro Alvarado”
Come & enjoy a nice conference as well as a very nice region of Peru
Cultural visits will be organized to the world heritage of Machu Picchu)