1-4 October 2018, Turin, Italy
The IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA) aims to be the flagship annual meeting spanning the interdisciplinary field of Data Science. DSAA focuses on the science of data science, as well as the implications of the science for applications to industry, government, and society. From the science side, DSAA spans all of the component fields of data science, including statistics, probabilistic and mathematical modeling, machine learning, data mining and knowledge discovery, complexity science, network science, business analytics, data management, infrastructure and storage, retrieval and search, security, privacy and ethics. From the applications side, DSAA aims both to show researchers important problems and issues that are revealed by real applications, and to show practitioners and users how the science can be applied to realize value. DSAA is intended to reflect the interdisciplinary nature of data science and analytics, as an alternative to the highly specialized disciplinary conferences.
DSAA 2018 in Turin, Italy, is the 5th annual installment of the conference. This year brings the collaboration of the American Statistical Association, to complement the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society and the ACM SIGKDD. This year DSAA also adds the support of the ISI Foundation, which has worked for 35 years to break down traditional silos in the sciences of complexity and data.
4 Keynote Speakers already confirmed:
- Christopher Bishop (Microsoft Research)
- Francesca Dominici (Harvard University)
- Deirdre Mulligan (UC Berkeley)
- Alessandro Vespignani (Northeastern University)
5 Special sessions with papers published in the main conference IEEE proceedings:
- Data Science for Social Good.
- Data Science in Computational Psychiatry and Psychiatric Research.
- EnGeoData'2018: Environmental and Geo-spatial Data Analytics.
- Opportunities and Risks for Data Science in Organizations: Banking, Finance, and Policy.
- SeCredISData – Sentiment, Emotion, and Credibility of Information in Social Data.
* DSAA 2018 will have a full "Industrial Day" featuring several Invited Industrial Speakers
* Trends and controversies panel, tutorials, and exhibitions.
* A very competitive acceptance rate for conference papers.
* Research track and Applications track.
* Data Science Contest with papers published in the main conference IEEE proceedings.
* Papers selected for journal Special Issue.
* Strong interdisciplinary participation from analytics, machine learning, statistics, etc.
* Strong cross-domain culture and industry & government engagement.
* Jointly supported by IEEE, ACM and American Statistical Association.
Call for Papers (research track and applications track):
Call for Special Session Papers:
Call for Tutorials:
Call for Data Science Contest proposals:
Call for Sponsors:
Call for Next Generation Data Scientist Award:
5 March 2018: Special session proposals submission
12 March 2018: Special session notification
3 April 2018: Data Science Contest proposals submission
10 April 2018: Data Science Contest proposals notification
30 April 2018: Tutorial proposals submission
15 May 2018: Tutorial notification
25 May 2018: Paper submission
20 July 2018: Paper acceptance notification
- Francesco Bonchi, ISI Foundation
- Foster Provost, NYU
Program Chairs (Research Track):
- Tina Eliassi-Rad, Northeastern University
- Wei Wang, UCLA
Program Chairs (Application Track):
- Ciro Cattuto, ISI Foundation
- Rayid Ghani, University of Chicago
Special Session Chairs:
- Giancarlo Ruffo, University of Turin
- Sofus Macskássy, HackerRank
Trends & Controversy Chair:
- Ricardo Baeza-Yates NTENT Inc.
Data Science Contest Chair:
- Marcel Salathé, EPFL
Invited Industrial Talk Chair:
- Luca Aiello, Nokia Bell Labs
- Gabriella Pasi, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Richard De Veaux, Williams College