This conference will bring together top researchers, practitioners, and students from around the world to discuss the latest advances in the field of Computational Intelligence and its application to real world problems in biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, chemical informatics, bioengineering and related fields. Computational Intelligence (CI) approaches include artificial neural networks and machine learning techniques, fuzzy logic, evolutionary algorithms and meta-heuristics, hybrid approaches and other emerging techniques.
Topics of interests include, but not limited to:
- gene expression array analysis
- structure prediction and folding
- molecular sequence alignment and analysis
- metabolic pathway analysis
- RNA and protein folding and structure prediction
- analysis and visualization of large biological data sets
- motif detection
- molecular evolution and phylogenetics
- systems and synthetic biology
- modelling, simulation and optimization of biological systems
- robustness and evolvability of biological networks
- emergent properties in complex biological systems
- ecoinformatics and applications to ecological data analysis
- medical imaging and pattern recognition
- medical image analysis
- biomedical data modelling and mining
- treatment optimisation
- biomedical model parameterisation
- brain computer interface
- Special sessions submissions: February 2, 2018
- Paper acceptance: February 23, 2018
- Final paper submission:TBD
- Daniel Ashlock (Canada)
- Sheridan Houghten (Canada)
Wendy Ashlock (Canada)General Chair:
- Donald Wunsch (USA)
- Steven Corns (USA)
Local Arrangements Chair:
- Suzanna Long (USA)
Special Session Chair:
- Joseph Brown (Russia)
- Sansanee Auephanwiriyakul
Sanaz Mostaghim (Germany)Submission:Instructions for Final Submissions:
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers of no more than eight (8) pages in IEEE conference format, including results, figures and references. Refer to detailed instructions and templates for preparing your manuscripts.
Manuscript Style Instructions:
- Only papers prepared in PDF format will be accepted.
- Paper Length: Up to 8 pages, including figures, tables & references. At maximum, two additional pages are permitted with over-length page charge of US$125/page, to be paid during author registration.
- Paper Formatting: double column, single spaced, #10 point Times Roman font.
- Margins: Left, Right, and Bottom: 0.75" (19mm). The top margin must be 0.75" (19 mm), except for the title page where it must be 1" (25 mm).
- File Size Limitation: 4.0MB.
- No page numbering on the manuscript is allowed.
- Note: Violations of any of the above specifications may result in rejection of your paper.
EasyChair is being used for paper submission to this conference.