Scope and TopicsSince its inception, belief function theory, also known as Dempster-Shafer theory or evidence theory, has received growing attention in many fields of applications such as finance, technology, biomedicine, etc, despite of its incompetence in combining belief functions with high conflict. To remove the roadblocks in the development of belief function theory, many improvements have been made subsequently, e.g., the present of transferable belief model (TBM) and Dezert-Smarandache theory (DSmT). At present, more and more researchers are dedicated to studying belief function theory from different views for further exploration and better exploitation.
This special session is intended to provide the latest advances of belief function theory, the relationship between belief function theory and other theories such as probability theory, possibility theory, rough set theory, and fuzzy set theory, the fusion of imperfect information in the united framework of random sets theory, together with their applications in artificial intelligence, to enhance the development of belief function theory for solving problems in engineering. We invite original submissions of high quality in this area. The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Belief function theory
- Evidence accumulation
- Temporal information fusion
- Conflict management
- Identification fusion
- Knowledge discovery
- Data mining
- Fuzzy sets
- Rough sets
- Random sets
- Applications of artificial intelligence
Important dates:Paper Submission Deadline: January 15, 2016
Paper acceptance notification date: March 15, 2016
Final paper submission deadline: April 15, 2016
Conference: July 25-29, 2016
LaTeX and Word Templates• To help ensure correct formatting, please use the style files for U.S. Letter as template for your submission. These include LaTeX and Word.
• Violations of any of the above paper specifications may result in rejection of your paper. Please note that the Latex template does not allow for keywords. If you are using the Latex template, do not include keywords in your paper.
Manuscript Style Information
- Only papers prepared in PDF format will be accepted.
- Paper Length: Up to 8 pages, including figures, tables and references. At maximum, two additional pages are permitted with overlength page charge of US$125/page, to be paid during author registration.
- Paper Formatting: double column, single spaced, #10 point Times Roman font.
- Margins: Left, Right, and Bottom: 0.75" (19mm). The top margin must be 0.75" (19 mm), except for the title page where it must be 1" (25 mm).
- No page numbers please. We will insert the page numbers for you.